The Cubs and White Sox face-off this weekend both on the field and in your home. Control your team’s fate in the Crosstown Classic when you upcycle your Garrett tins into a game of checkers*!
What you’ll need for this Tinnovation:
- One Comiskey Field Shorty Pack
- One Wrigley Field Shorty Pack
- Paper, two different colors
- Scissors or cutting device
- Tape (optional)
- Share your shorty packs with friends!
- Collect, wash and dry each empty tin.
- Cut each color of paper into (32) 6″ x 6″ squares. There will be 64 squares total. Adhere tape to the back of each square to prevent your checkerboard from shifting, if desired.
- Lay paper out on the floor, alternating colors to mimic a checkerboard. The board should be 8 squares wide in each direction.
- Suspend friendships. Place Comiskey and Wrigley Field tins on opposing sides and commence Crosstown Checkers!
- Resume friendships with post-game Garrett Popcorn.
How do you reuse your Garrett tins? Submit a photo of your project and enjoy other upcycling ideas here.
*According to our Crosstown Checkers record, the Cubs are currently in the lead.