Whether your idea of a cross-town rivalry is Cubs vs. White Sox, or a tastier match-up with CaramelCrisp® and CheeseCorn™, we’re sure this rite of Spring will satisfy fans everywhere. Let’s play ball!
Part two of Chicago’s Summer baseball rivalry starts this evening on the Southside. Whether you’re rooting for the Cubs or the White Sox in the Crosstown Classic, we know that everyone wins with The Chicago Mix! Order online or pick up your favorite team tin in Shops on the way to the game.
Though we love CaramelCrisp® and CheeseCorn™ equally at Garrett Popcorn Shops®, we know our staff is divided in its baseball loyalties. We placed a Comiskey Park Tin and a Wrigley Field Tin filled with Chicago Mix in the kitchen to report back on whether the Cubs or Sox fans snack their way to victory first! Go team!
What you’ll need for this Tinnovation:
- One Comiskey Field Shorty Pack
- One Wrigley Field Shorty Pack
- Paper, two different colors
- Scissors or cutting device
- Tape (optional)
- Share your shorty packs with friends!
- Collect, wash and dry each empty tin.
- Cut each color of paper into (32) 6″ x 6″ squares. There will be 64 squares total. Adhere tape to the back of each square to prevent your checkerboard from shifting, if desired.
- Lay paper out on the floor, alternating colors to mimic a checkerboard. The board should be 8 squares wide in each direction.
- Suspend friendships. Place Comiskey and Wrigley Field tins on opposing sides and commence Crosstown Checkers!
- Resume friendships with post-game Garrett Popcorn.
*According to our Crosstown Checkers record, the Cubs are currently in the lead.