Gourmet popcorn was declared the snack trend of 2013 by culinary tastemakers. “What we like about all of our foods is to have variety. New flavors, new types, new packaging, and I’d say the gourmet popcorn market is fitting into that,” says NPD Group Vice President, Harry Balzer
on NBC Nightly News. However, fans of CaramelCrisp® have known since 1949 that its crème brulee crunch would be a timeless classic.
Every year on April 6, the luscious taste of CaramelCrisp® is celebrated with National Caramel Popcorn Day. We don’t think a day is enough to savor the great taste, so we’ve declared April to be “Garrett CaramelCrisp® Month!”
Each week, we’ll feature a tasteful new CaramelCrisp® pairing online and in select Shops, starting with the exotic crunch of Macadamia nuts and ending with triumphant return of Chocolate Covered CaramelCrisp®.
We’ll take your feedback about each new offering to see if a new fan favorite emerges. We hope you’ll agree that CaramelCrisp® goes from nutty to chocolate with panache, but as with any classic, only time will tell!
*Select Shops include 27 W. Jackson Blvd., 26 W. Randolph Street, 625 N. Michigan Avenue, 4 E. Madison Street and 737 E. 87th Street in Chicago; 242 W. 34th Street in New York; Miracle MileShops (inside Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino) in Las Vegas.
Only one batch of the limited time flavor is made in Shops each day, so pop in soon!
We salute the Chicago Blackhawks on their record-breaking start to the NHL season! And a second salute to the game-time traditions of fans everywhere!
We asked a few of our employees what they do to help their favorite team:
- “If someone says the Hawks are going to win, I knock on wood.” — Jack A.
- “During the games, I lift my imaginary hockey stick to give the players an edge.” — Alexa T.
- “We sit in the same seats. If our team loses, we switch seats for the next game.” — Dan K.
- “My brother holds the same puck during each game.” — Emily S.
- “I yell advice to the players during the game. If they took of their helmets, I’m sure they could hear me.” — Kevin F.
- “I wear the same jersey.” — Ken M.
- “I turn the TV on and off five times before each game. It seems to work!” — Tammy G.
- “I don’t watch. They do better when I avoid the game.” — Mardi S.
- “I eat the same food every game. Chicago Mix!” — Kim T.
What do you do to keep the streak alive?