Terms, Conditions and Rules (the “Rules”) for Online Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
This Promotion is governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Illinois. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
1. Eligibility. Entrant must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States, who is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Garrett Popcorn Shops, Garrett Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family/household members (defined as parents, spouse, children, and siblings) are not eligible to enter. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state, and/or local rules and regulations apply.
2. Start/End Dates. The Promotion begins at 8:00 AM Central Standard Time (“CST”) on 02/20/2012 and ends at 12:00 PM CST on 02/27/2012 (the “Promotional Period”).
3. How to Enter. Leave a comment on either the blog entry entitled “Enter Popcorn Picks Red Carpet Giveaway” or “Three days left to enter the Popcorn Picks Red Carpet Giveaway,” or send a Tweet to @GarrettPopcorn with the giveaway hashtag, #PopcornPicks. Limit two entries per person, one for a blog comment on either post and one for the Tweet. Entrants must have a valid e-mail address. More than the allowed entries outlined above from any person or e-mail address will be limited to only two entries from that person or e-mail address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to receive entries due to transmission errors or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunction of any network, hardware, or software, whether originating with entrant or Sponsor. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Facebook likes or comments are not entries for this promotion.
4. How to Win. Odds of Winning. Two (2) Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before 12 PM 02/27/2012, by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Potential Winners will be notified by email on or about 02/27/2012. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all these requirements. If any winner notification remains unanswered for more than twenty-four (24) hours, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
5. Prizes. The following prizes will be awarded:
Grand Prize: $50 Garrett Popcorn Shops® e-certificate and 10 promo codes for one-day DVD rentals from Redbox®. Prize will be emailed within one week of acknowledgement from winners. Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize: $62.00.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes to be awarded: $124.00. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prizes. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes is allowed by winner(s), but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable by winners for cash value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged, mutilated, or stolen prizes. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. Sponsor will comply with all income tax reporting obligations.
6. Conditions. By participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if the Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or acts of terrorism.
7. Miscellaneous. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned under any circumstances.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of proceeding as planned, including due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, or any other causes that affect the security or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
Sponsor is not responsible for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications failure; loss, theft or destruction of entries; unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; any technical malfunction or problem with any telephone network or lines, computer or online systems, computer equipment or software; failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor (including due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website); or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Promotion.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the entrant is attempting or likely to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, including by cheating, hacking, deception, use of automated quick entry programs or other unfair playing practices, or intends or is likely to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may violate criminal or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from that person to the fullest extent permitted by law, in addition to any other legal and/or equitable remedies that are or may be available.
9. Sponsor. The sole Sponsor of this Promotion is Garrett Brands LLC, P.O. Box 11342, Chicago, Illinois, 60611. REDBOX® is a registered trademark of Redbox Automated Retail, LLC and is used with permission.